Because It Works
Winter has arrived! Which means it’s time to get your gear ready for the season. Whether you need to repair a sled, fix your grip, or mend some skis, The Flex Seal® Family of Products has got you covered. No matter what you need to patch, bond, seal, or repair, Flex Seal is here to help you get the job done.
Don’t let a crack in your sled stop you from flexible flying down the hills! Fix that crack fast with Flex Tape. Our super strong waterproof tape can instantly patch, bond, and seal virtually anything.
1. Wipe the surface free of any oil or dirt. Leave the tape backing on and cut with a high-quality utility knife or razor.
2. Remove the backing from the tape.
3. Apply tape to the surface and press down firmly.
4. Using your fingers, press down and remove any air pockets. Ta-da! Done in no time. It’s your turn to start making fixes fast today!
With just a quick dip, you can fix your grip! Flex Seal Liquid is perfect for creating a long-lasting non-slip grip, unlike conventional taping. Our liquid rubber starts out as a thick liquid and dries to strong, flexible, watertight, rubberized coating. It seals out air, water, moisture and is non-hazardous, mildew, chemical, and UV resistant. That makes it perfect for renewing and protecting your favorite athletic equipment. Give it a try this winter!
1. Prep Your Area
Pick a well-ventilated area. Keep a window open or use fans when possible. You will need a line or hook to hang your stick until it is dry. This should be ready before you dip your stick. Place a drop cloth or a tarp underneath where you will be hanging your hockey stick, to absorb any of the extra liquid that may fall off of the handle.
2. Clean and Dry Your Stick
For wood-handled sticks, peel away all stickers or existing tape on the handle. Grab your sandpaper and with moderate pressure, etch the handle.
For metal-handled sticks remove any dirt, grease or buildup. And then use a wire brush to etch the surface that you’ll be dipping.
Once you’re finished cleaning, be sure to dry the surface.
3. Dip in Flex Seal Liquid
Dip the handle of your stick in the Flex Seal Liquid. Then, hang it up to dry.
For best results, let your first coat dry for 24 to 48 hours before applying another coat. There may be excess Flex Seal Liquid hanging from your stick once it dries, but don’t worry. Just cut it off with a pair of scissors.
Ski pole wear and tear happens. But it doesn’t mean you need to replace them, fix them with Flex Glue!
Flex Glue is perfect for fixing damaged outdoor equipment because it’s specially formulated to work on all types of surfaces. It can be applied on dry or wet surfaces, even underwater. Our easy to use, super strong, waterproof glue has amazing instant grab and hold that won’t shrink, or crack, even in extreme temperatures.
1. Clean the surface you’ll be gluing of any oil or dirt.
2. Unscrew cap or nozzle of your Flex Glue.
3. Cut off tip of nub, before threading.
4. Apply liberally to the side of the surface being bonded.
5. Press firmly for a minimum of 10-30 seconds.
6. Allow 24-48 hours for curing. Flex Glue will reach maximum strength in 7 days.
7. When you are finished using regular strength Flex Glue, which comes in a squeeze tube, dispense a small amount out of the end and allow it to dry to form a plug. This will prevent the remaining Flex Glue from drying out. When you are ready to use it again, simply remove the plug at the end.
Win Winter this season with Flex Seal® and get your gear back in action with Flex Glue!