Welcome to Flex Seal’s Flood information page. Here you will find our library of Flood Protection how-to videos, informational blogs, and additional resources to help you learn more about flooding and how our Flood Protection products work.
HOW TO USE
OUR FLOOD PROTECTION PRODUCTS
IMPORTANT: WATCH THE INTRODUCTORY VIDEO BELOW BEFORE GETTING STARTED.
Always follow State and Local weather advisories and evacuation orders. Floods can be catastrophic and life-threatening.
Every structure is different. Depending on the age and type of construction, there may be areas that can’t be seen or sealed. So, it’s impossible to stop all floods from entering every time, but our Flood Protection products can help. Unsealed porous surfaces may seep water during extended underwater exposure.
Be prepared to leave if sealing the entire structure. Once your final entry point is sealed, you will not be able to re-enter without breaking the seal of your Flood Protection products.
Not designed to protect against extreme winds, water pressure, flying or floating debris. Not intended to stop water from flash floods or if there is structural damage to the building.
Apply to the exterior of the structure.
FOR BEST RESULTS• Our Flood Protection products are specifically designed to work together to create multiple layers of super-strong, waterproof protection, and to be easily removed after floodwaters recede. They can help slow down or even stop water from entering structures. Whether you’re sealing a door, window or crawl space, the concept remains the same—seal all openings where water may enter using multiple layers of our Flood Protection products.
• Read all product labels in full and follow all instructions and safety warnings.
• Depending on the opening, we recommend using our FLOOD PROTECTION PASTE IN A CARTRIDGE as a base coat for your first layer of protection and our FLOOD PROTECTION LIQUID or SPRAY as a final coat to help seal any small openings or pinholes that may have been missed. When used in combination, they create multiple layers of waterproof protection.
• Proper surface preparation is extremely important. Remove debris, being cautious of sharp objects that could cause injury, such as glass, nails, etc. Make sure all areas are clean, dry, and free of grease, oil, dirt, and debris.
• Apply even layers of Flood Protection products, with each coat being wider and overlapping the previous one. All openings should be sealed a minimum of one foot above anticipated water level.
• When using Flood Protection Liquid, be sure to keep brush wet and always use fresh product.
• If sealing your primary entry/exit, all persons, pets, and essential belongings must be removed from premises. You will not be able to re-enter without breaking the Flood Protection seal.
• Wait until products are dry to the touch before applying additional layers.
• Allow 24-48 hours for your final coat of Flood Protection products to dry before floodwaters arrive.
Our products have been tested by UL, an independent, global leader in applied safety science that supports the production and use of products which are physically and environmentally safe.
Read more about the Underwriters Laboratories test here.