When we created the Flex Seal Family of Products, we never imagined how many different ways our customers would use them. One of the most common questions we receive is “Can I paint over Flex Seal?” Flex Seal Spray and Flex Glue can be painted over. Flex Seal Liquid and Flex Shot can not be painted over. For more information, check out our chart below.
• Flex Seal Spray can be top coated with most commercially available paints and urethanes.
• Flex Glue not only works as a great adhesive but can also be used as a sealer around windows and doors. Flex Glue can be painted over with most commercially available paints and urethanes.
• Flex Tape can only be top coated with Flex Seal Spray. Flex Seal Spray can then be painted over with almost all commercially available paints and urethanes.
• Flex Seal Liquid cannot be top coated with anything other than Flex Seal Liquid, however, you can add as many coats as you like. Just allow Flex Seal Liquid to fully dry between coats. With Flex Seal Clear, you can add color to your surface before coating with Flex Seal Liquid over a decorated surface.
• Flex Shot cannot be top coated, but it is offered in 4 popular colors.
Please note: Mixing Flex Seal Liquid with any other substance is not recommended as it is a specific formula and mixing it with anything other than Flex Seal Liquid will interfere with its performance.
However, you can absolutely mix Flex Seal Liquid with other colors of Flex Seal Liquid for a custom color!
As always, if you have any questions or need help, we are standing by. Call us at (833) 411-3539.